Game Park

Jambo!

The team just got back from the Maasai Mara Game Park (idk if that's spelled right). It was absolutely amazing! It was a very fancy resort; every night they put a hot thingy mabob in our beds! We were completely unaware that we were going to such a place, though. Jay and Marcia kept the fanciness a secret. Staying at the resort supported a lot of jobs though, and allowed us to really take in God's incredible creation.

Each day we woke up early (like 6am) to a soft "Jambo" at the tent flap. Then we met in the lobby to get on the Land Rovers that then drove us into the wild. We split into teams; each car had five of us and the driver. Our cars took different paths, and so we saw different things.

However, we all saw the Big Five! (Or in one car's case the big 4 1/2). "The Big Five" refers to major animals in the area that were once hunted for various reasons. They are: Leopard, Lion, Elephant, Rhino, and the Cape Buffalo. (Apparently water buffalo are only in Asia-sorry Veggie Tales fans). One car saw all of these including the leopard, which are very very rare. We were really lucky! And the other car saw all of these except the leopard. However, the second car got to see a cheetah, soo...

Even when we didn't see major animals on the all of safaris, it was still absolutely breath-taking. Driving for an hour without seeing an animal was worth it. It was just so wide open. One could see forever in any direction. The tall grass, mountains, and bush created one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. We all felt very blessed and in awe of how big our Father really is.

Even though it was an amazing experience that we all appreciated, we all felt uncomfortable about being there. We had come directly from the streets of Maai Mahiu, where people sleep on the street and kids have to go to the dump to rummage for food. Meanwhile, we were served four course meals that we couldn't even finish. It was very hard to accept; it still is. We discussed what to do with this dissonance but didn't really have anything conclusive. We decided that we could still treat ourselves, but have to stay aware of what's happening and still do something about it.

Overall, this experience was very nifty. Game parks are a part of this country that we are blessed to have seen. We will carry these memories forever and are all going to come back. We miss everyone a lot though, and can't wait to come home. Enjoy these pics.  Good Night!

Comments

1. Exclusive Deals, Central Locations! Search & Book Cheap Hotels Online. Travel Guides. Photos & Reviews. Budget Hotels in Lebanon. Earn Free Hotel Nights. Price Guarantee. Guest Reviews. No Cancellation Fees. Last Minute Hotel Deals. Luxury Hotels. Types: Hotel, Resort, Motel.

ReplyDelete
  2. Great Article. Thank you for sharing! Really an awesome post for every one.

IEEE Final Year projects Project Centers in Chennai are consistently sought after. Final Year Students Projects take a shot at them to improve their aptitudes, while specialists like the enjoyment in interfering with innovation. For experts, it's an alternate ball game through and through. Smaller than expected IEEE Final Year project centers ground for all fragments of CSE & IT engineers hoping to assemble. Final Year Project Domains for IT It gives you tips and rules that is progressively critical to consider while choosing any final year project point.

JavaScript Training in Chennai

JavaScript Training in Chennai

ReplyDelete
  3. This is new Govt Jobs website you can check FreeJobalert by guys. vgdwa

ReplyDelete
  4. Good day! Today I decided that it would be better to pay someone to take my exam himself. After all, I would not have been able to prepare in time and pass my exam for a satisfactory ball. These guys are not the first day on the market, and they understand exactly what's what. Professionals in various fields of science are already waiting to pass your exam!

ReplyDelete
  5. After I read your writings, I can conclude that we have the same point of view Slot Deposit Pulsa

ReplyDelete
  6. The content is utmost interesting! I have completely enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great - Couponplay

ReplyDelete
  7. It can be said that more and more families are installing smart door locks, which not only allows our overall safety to be better protected, but also solves the problem of forgetting to bring the key. Fingerprint Smart lock exporter are not only anti-wear but also anti-violence, and their appearance is much better than traditional door locks.

ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and a nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog and have some great content. Keep up the good work.
    Hills Science Diet

ReplyDelete
  9. I am a new user of this site so here I saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site, I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles.
    고스톱

ReplyDelete
  10. It's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing. You have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them useful information.
    스포츠토토

ReplyDelete
  11. Learning is the process which I think never be ended because in every stage of life a person have able to learn new things, modify and implement to his life.
    한국야동

ReplyDelete
  12. I prefer this send. It’s fantastic to uncover anyone verbalize through your heart and as well excellent on this critical intended theme can be easily viewed.
    토토사이트

ReplyDelete
  13. In my opinion, the item you posted is perfect for being selected as the best item of the year. You seem to be a genius to combine 안전놀이터 and . Please think of more new items in the future!

ReplyDelete
  14. I accidentally searched and visited your site. I still saw several posts during my visit, but the text was neat and readable. I will quote this post and post it on my blog. Would you like to visit my blog later? 토토사이트순위

ReplyDelete
  15. I was impressed by your writing. Your writing is impressive. I want to write like you.스포츠토토사이트 I hope you can read my post and let me know what to modify. My writing is in I would like you to visit my blog.

ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rachel “Wambui” Fox

Online contacts and blogs

Team Kenya 2013